Our Health Guarantee & Conditions
1. Your puppy is guaranteed to be in good health at the time of the sale.
2. Your puppy must have his/her first veterinarian visit within the first 72 hours after you take possession. If the veterinarian finds a serious defect in the puppy, he/she can be exchanged for another puppy of equal value, immediately or as soon as one becomes available, provided a letter from the examining veterinarian is offered as evidence of the animal's defect.
3. The puppy has a health guarantee extending to seven (7) days beyond the day you take possession against major viral diseases. In the rare case of death within the 7-day period mentioned, an autopsy must be arranged and paid for by the buyer. Findings must be submitted to the Seller before any exchange will be made as well as proof of puppy's microchip identification.
4. Your new puppy is guaranteed for a full (2) two years from date of transfer against any major debilitating genetic defects. A puppy diagnosed with a major debilitating genetic defect may be exchanged for a puppy of equal value. Proof of the genetic defect must be provided through a veterinarian exam statement and applicable OFA testing results as well as proof of ID (microchip) of said puppy. We reserve the right to have the diagnosis verified by another veterinarian of our choice before exchanging puppies. The breeder is not responsible for any expenses incurred: medical or otherwise. Any shipping/travel expenses for returning or sending a puppy would be at buyer's expense. At no time will your credit exceed the purchase price of your puppy (the purchase price does not include shipping or special arrangements). Covered by this Guarantee: Heart murmurs that affect the day to day life of said puppy and requires daily medication. If you choose to keep puppy with heart murmur that requires medication, we will refund half of the purchase price of puppy, less travel expense. Kidney, Liver and Heart: If said puppy is found to have a life-threatening heart, liver or kidney congenital defect the puppy is fully covered by this guarantee.
5. This two (2) year Health guarantee does not apply to puppies that become ill with hypoglycemia, colds, coccidia, giardia, parasites, worms, underbites, overbites, hernias or any other minor illness. Seller is not responsible for illness or death due to the ingestion of foreign objects, poisonous plants, food, chemical, or physical injury; nor any illness or death resulting from anesthesia, abuse, neglect, or accident. Seller is not responsible for cancer nor costs associated with luxating patellas.
6. All puppies are sold as pets; the Seller assumes no responsibility for this puppy after leaving the premises for any medical expense, death, allergies, behavior problems, disposition, breeding ability or any other reason. Our guarantee is strictly regarding genetic defects.
7. This contract shall be deemed legal and binding between the seller and buyer and is under the jurisdiction of the State of Iowa and the County of Kossuth. Purchaser agrees to pay for seller’s legal fees should the purchaser not fulfill contractual obligations. Purchaser agrees to let seller determine venue. Should any litigation arise regarding the puppy for any reason the purchaser is obligated to pay the seller’s legal fees.
8. Buyer agrees to feed their puppy a quality AAFCO approved dog food, have annual veterinary checkups, keep all immunizations current according to AVMA guidelines, properly administer heart worm preventative, and provide adequate housing according to state law.
9. Breeder is bound by this agreement to original buyer only. If ownership of puppy is transferred, this guarantee is void. Our puppies are never to be placed in a shelter. Buyer will contact Seller for assistance in re-homing process should Buyer be unable to find puppy a good, stable home for the said puppy or adult dog.
10. Buyer will spay/neuter said puppy by one year of age, but not before 7 months of age, and shall not use said puppy for breeding.